It's What You Don't Say That CountsHow to Project Your Best Non-Verbal Self
Wow! What a presentation! I don’t recall ever seeing a more positive response to a program or speaker. The comments on the attached evaluation summary speak for themselves. But clearly you were a huge hit and in great demand to return!Vice President of Programs, Society for Marketing Professional Services
The overall evaluations and verbal feedback I received were overwhelmingly positive. Kudos to you for all your hard work and dedication to this Institute. I’ve included quotes collected from participants for use in our marketing materials. I hope it gives you a sense of the gratitude they felt for your efforts. It was truly a privilege working with you. I look forward to our next Institute!Program Manager, UCLA Anderson School of Business
We’ve All Heard It.
It’s not what you say, but rather, how you say it that can have the greater impact.
And yet, we spend so much time focusing on the what and never enough time on the how. Our body language speaks volumes about who we are, how we really feel about ourselves and the people we interact with, and what we’re capable of delivering. Confidence, passion, trust, and so much more, are nonverbally communicated and have everything to do with our ability to influence, convince, and get desired results. Find out what this body language looks like and how to consistently project your best nonverbal self.
Learn to use body language that...
- Communicates a clear sense of confidence from beginning to end
- Creates a dynamic and strong presence whether speaking one-to-one or one-to-many
- Projects a demeanor of responsiveness, flexibility and openness
- Increases the impact of your message, making them and you more memorable
- Allows you to be perceived as a credible, competent and caring communicator
- The first nine things people notice about you before you even begin to speak
- 10 judgments made about you within the first 10 seconds of meeting you
- The “3 C’s” — your formula for success in every competitive situation
- The degree of impact that will come from your message vs. voice vs. physical impression
- The “push-pull” factor and how to use it to your advantage
- 3 specific situations you commonly find yourself in that significantly increases the impact your body language will have on your results
- The confidence-competence connection — which needs to happen first and why
- 3 critical categories of gestures and the purpose each plays in establishing a sense of engagement, connection and passion while building rapport and trust
The goal of this program is to create a high awareness of the power and influence that our body language has in how we are perceived, and how to use it to optimize the results that we get. Videotaping will be used a part of the feedback and learning process. Join us for this highly interactive and fast paced session!